NRI Home Loans
NRI Home Loans from DHFL will always help you find your dream home, no matter where you are based. Whether you might have settled abroad in the United Kingdom, Europe, America, Australia or the Middle East, owning a home in India is a dream cherished by many. But, many stages that come into that process, from selecting the desired property, availing the right NRI Home Loan to navigating the lengthy application processes, can make buying a home in India from abroad a challenging task.
At DHFL, we understand and are sensitive to these nuances and offer you a seamless straight through process of buying your dream home through our NRI Home Loan services.
It is our prime objective to assist you in making your dream home in India a reality. In this journey to help you own a part of your homeland, we provide Home Loans for NRIs that are best suited to your needs.
Our NRI Home Loans in India can be customised depending on your needs The Home Loan for NRIs comes with attractive interest rates and a flexible pay-back option that can be modified as per your convenience. We believe in maintaining fair terms, total transparency and flexibility thus, you can be assured of the best services while availing our NRI home loans in India.
NRI Home loans: Own a property in India
Our NRI Home Loans can be availed for the following purposes:
- To purchase a new home
- To purchase a ready built house on resale
- To construct your own house
- To extend your house
- To renovate your house
- To purchase a plot of land in your preferred city or town
- To purchase a plot of land in your preferred city or town and construct your house on it
Eligibility Criteria for NRI Home Loan
At DHFL, we understand every customer is unique with needs that are different. Hence we have Home loans starting from INR 500,000 to a maximum of 80% of the agreement value or total cost (including stamp duty & registration charges) of the flat/ house or plot that you wish to construct or purchase. However, the actual Home Loan amount that you’re eligible for is determined by taking into account various factors such as:
- Applicant should have a NRI/PIO status and must be working abroad with valid documents namely passport and visa or OCI card, as per RBI guidelines
- Repayment capacity
- Educational qualifications
- Stability and continuity of income
- Number of dependents
- Co-applicant’s income
- Assets and liabilities, saving habits, and more
Maximum Tenure of NRI Home Loan: Up to 20 years
Living outside our Home country is not always easy. We deeply value of your hard earned money. That’s why we have tenure of up to 20 years, so that EMI is lowered without affecting your Lifestyle and your dreams of owning a property in India.
NRI Home Loan Interest Rate
DHFL offers one of the most competitive rates in the market. The Interest rate applicable is based on the DHFL’s Retail Prime Lending Rate (RPLR) which fluctuates from time to time based on the money market conditions.
Easy Repayments on your NRI Home Loans
You have 2 options for repayment of the loan based on the EMIs payable:
- Through ECS (Electronic Clearing Service) based on standing instructions to your bank
- PDCs (Post Dated Cheques) drawn on your Savings/Salary account
Legal and Technical Scrutiny
For easy and hassle free processing of your home loan, DHFL has in house legal and technical team , so your Home Approval process become fast and secure. DHFL does:
- Studying title deed, link documents and Encumbrance certificate (EC)
- Scrutinizing EC to ensure all title/link documents pertaining to the property are obtained
- Verifying documents to check that chain of seller(s) and buyer(s) is properly maintained
- Scrutinizing title/link documents to ensure that buyer has absolute and marketable title
- Ensuring that plot does not fall in areas adversely notified by Government and also that the property is not situated in lands notified as Government lands
- If the property is situated in recently developed, areas appropriate lay out approvals by necessary authorities are provided
- Whether actual construction is done according to the approved plan etc.