- Home Loans
- SME Loans
- Mortgage Loans
Home Loan Balance Transfer
Feeling the interest burden of your existing home loan? Relax! Transfer your home loan to DHFL at a lower interest rate with a Balance Transfer home loan. Further, you also have the option of a Top-Up loan over and above the balance you transfer.
Features and Benefits of DHFL Home Loan Balance Transfer Scheme
- Tenure & Term: The tenure of your Home Loan Balance Transfer Scheme ranges from 1 to 20 years. The term however does not extend beyond the retirement age or 60 years whichever is earlier (65 years for self employed individuals)
- Purpose: Avail a Home Loan Balance Transfer from DHFL on the existing Home loan from another lending institution.
- Reduce your EMI : With tenure of 20 years, you can reduce the EMI amount on your Home Loan Balance Transfer, so that your outgoings every month do not come in the way of your lifestyle and living standards.
- Interest Rates: As per the guidelines set by NHB (a subsidiary of RBI) the Interest rate applicable is based on the Retail Prime Lending Rate (RPLR) which varies from time to time. DHFL offers interest rates at discounted rate on the RPLR. Depending on the loan amount, the interest rate varies.
- Processing Fees (Non-Refundable) : DHFL charges a fee for a thorough legal and technical evaluation of the property to ascertain and make sure that it is as per norms and legal procedure. This safeguards and secures your property. This is charged as the fee towards processing your loan application.
Self-Employed Professionals / Non Professionals
(SEP / SENP)
*Service Tax and Cess as applicable
- Easy Repayments: You have 2 options for repayment of the loan based on the EMIs payable on your Home Loan Balance Transfer Scheme.
- Through ECS (Electronic Clearing Service) based on standing instructions to your bank
- Post Dated Cheques(PDCs) drawn on your Savings/Salary account
- Home Loan Tax Benefits: Resident Indians are eligible for certain tax benefits on principal and interest components of a home loan. As per Income Tax Act 1961 rules, the current applicable exemption under section 24(b) is ` 2,00,000/- for the interest amount paid in the financial year and up to ` 1,50,000/- (under section 80 C) for the principal amount repaid in the same year.
- Applicant and Co-Applicant: Home Loan Balance Transfer can be applied for individually. The loan amount can be further enhanced by including an earning co-applicant.
- Stamp Duty: Stamp duty on the loan documents to be executed shall be paid by the Applicant.
- Easy Documentation: To enable us to speedily process your home loan balance transfer application, we will require the following:
- KYC (Know Your Customer) documents
- Proof of Income documents and bank statements as per log-in checklist
- Property related documents
- Simple Security: Balance Transfer and Balance Transfer + Top-Up Loans are secured loans. We’re governed by the National Housing Bank (NHB) guidelines – a subsidiary of RBI and as a security, the property is mortgaged by depositing the registered sale deed of the property in question and ONLY DHFL will have FIRST CHARGE on the property.
Eligibility for Home Loan Balance Transfer
100% of Principal outstanding and other charges based on the loan SOA/Foreclosure statement or 80% of Market Value whichever is lower.
For the salaried class, any Indian, of age 18 years minimum and up to the maximum age of retirement or 60 years, whichever is earlier?
For the self employed category, the maximum age is 65 years
The actual Home Loan amount is determined taking into various account factors such as:
- Repayment capacity
- Educational qualifications
- Stability and continuity of income
- Number of dependents
- Co-applicant’s income
- Saving habits, and more
Documentation Required For Home Loan Balance Transfer
Click here for the list of documents required.
Home Loan Balance Transfer Services & Charges
Click here to view the Services and Charges
Click here to view the FAQs.
Terms and Conditions of Balance Transfer Offer
- The offer of Rate of Interest (ROI) at 9.35% is applicable only for Balance Transfer (BT) / BT + Top-up product for Salaried and Self Employed Professional (SEP) customers for loans up to `100 Lacs in Metro locations and up to `50 Lacs in Non-Metro locations
- The offer of Rate of Interest (ROI) at 9.75% is applicable only for Balance Transfer (BT) / BT + Top-up product for Self Employed Non-Professional (SENP) customers for loans up to `100 Lacs in Metro locations and up to `50 Lacs in Non-Metro locations
- For BT + Top-up product with cases above `100 Lacs in Metro locations and above `50 Lacs in Non-Metro locations, 50% of the Top-up amount will be applicable at current Home Loan rate as per customer profile and eligibility
- The current Home Loan policy will be applicable for Balance Transfer (BT) cases above `100 Lacs in Metro locations and above `50 Lacs in Non-Metro locations
- This Offer is valid for Salaried, SEP and SENP customers for Balance Transfer (BT) / BT + Top-up product
- Only for Balance Transfer (BT) / BT + Top up product Applications and files which are sanctioned. All other terms and conditions for giving out loans remain unchanged.
- The loan tenure is subject to fulfilment of the minimum and maximum age requirement of the applicant/ co-applicant as per DHFL Policy.
- Customers are required to submit relevant credit-related documents which include PAN card, address proof, income proofs, bank statements, tax returns and any other valid documents as required by DHFL.
- Disbursement of the sanctioned loan amount is subject to the legal & technical clearance of the property in subject as per the DHFL policy
- All DHFL general Terms & Conditions Credit, Legal and Technical) are applicable to Home Loan.
- If a Loan application is rejected based on internal criteria, the decision of DHFL will be final and no dispute in the matter will be entertained and the processing fees paid shall not be refunded.
- All disputes arising out of or related to this offer shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts at Mumbai and subject to the laws of India.
- DHFL at its sole discretion reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions relating to Home Loan from time to time and/or suspend, shorten, modify, extend or cancel this Scheme/offer without prior notice, without stating any reason and no claim in this regard shall be entertained.